The situation with COVID-19 is evolving rapidly and our top priority is the health and safety of our Members, guests and Staff. In alignment with government regulations to help contain the spread of COVID-19, some facilities are available in a restricted capacity.
The Tennis Courts and Boat Yard are open
Washroom facilities are available
The Patio, Sunset Room and Balcony are open for table service and takeout is available for BYC members
Some Social Programs have been suspended until more information is made available to us through Ottawa Public Health
The Clubhouse will remain closed during the day
On the water recreational programs have started with modifications including Interclub Long Distance Time Trials, Monday Women's Time Trials, weekly Wednesday RUST races, and Tuesday/Thursday PHRF (flying sails and non-flying sails/JAM) racing.
Commodore's Sailpast is set for Sunday, September 20, 2020.
For boaters and non-boaters the SSIs have been posted HERE.
The Sailing Instructions (SIs) have been updated and posted as of August 24, 2020.
Located on the most scenic site in Ottawa at the eastern end of Lac Deschênes, Britannia Yacht Club is the gateway to 45 km of continuous sailing along the Ottawa River. The combination of BYC's recreational facilities and clubhouse services provides all the amenities of lake-side cottage living without having to leave the city.
Club Highlights Include:
- 250 drive-up moorings with electrical outlets.
- Dry sail facilities for keelboats and dinghies.
- The only fueling facility on Lac Deschênes.
- Dockside freshwater supply and sewage pumpout station.
- Secure indoor storage for kayaks, canoes and sailboards.
- Nationally acclaimed Learn to Sail program.
- Sailing lessons and crewing opportunities for adults.
- Four tennis courts; volleyball and basketball courts.
- Children's play area.
- Picnic and BBQ areas on Club grounds
- Up river camping at the Baskin's Beach property.
- Social activities and events and Friday night entertainment.
- Historic club house with full bar and dining service.
- Wi-fi throughout clubhouse and harbour.
- Best sunsets over the Ottawa River and Gatineau Hills
- Romantic views that make Britannia Yacht Club a favourite venue for wedding receptions
Whether your interest is sailing, tennis, socializing, holding a wedding reception or corporate retreat, we invite you to visit our Club and discover the advantages and beauties of BYC.
NEW MEMBERS - Useful forms