Britannia Yacht Club Women’s Program
The BYC Women’s Fleet, on the Ottawa River, is part of the largest women's sailing program in Canada and has developed many excellent sailors and competitors alike. In recent years BYC women have represented the Club at the Bob Yuile Memorial National Capital Regattas c. 1957, Opti North American Championships and the National Women’s Keelboat Championships, to name a few.
We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to learn from some experienced as well as world class sailors who volunteer their boats and time to coach. For that, we are truly grateful.
Regular Events and Activities
BYC runs extensive racing programs for keelboats, dinghies and sailboards throughout the week. Interested racers for the Monday Night Coached Boat Program (Fleet 2) are encouraged to sign up with the Women’s Fleet Rep to be assigned to a boat. If you have your own boat or access to one, you may wish to consider putting a crew together and start racing.
Women's racing on the Ottawa River is an interclub event involving members of the Britannia Yacht Club, Nepean Sailing Club and Club de voile Grande-Rivière.
- 2018 Britannia Yacht Club Women’s Program
- 2018 Sailing Instructions
- BYC Racing Rules, Protests and Forms
- Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2017-2020
- NOTE: There are no races on the Holiday Mondays of the long weekends in July, August and September
Monday Night Racing Results - Run and scored by the Nepean Sailing Club
- 2018 Series I / Series II
- 2017 Series I / Series II
- 2016 Series I / Series II
- 2015 Series I / Series II
Women's Up River Race and BBQ
- 2018 Women's Keelboat Championships - Toronto / Results / Photos / More Photos
- 2017 Women's Keelboat Championships - Lunenberg / Results / Photos
- 2016 Women's Keelboat Championships - Ottawa / Results / Photos
- 2018 End of Season Interclub Banquet - Monday Oct 1st @ NSC.
- 2017 End of Season Interclub Banquet
- Fun raft-up at the end of the Spring session (Series I)
Women in Wind Seminar 2018
- Thank you very much to the organizers Ruth Martin (BYC) and Kit Holmwood (NSC), the presenters, volunteers, management and staff for a great day of sharing and learning.
- On Saturday April 28, BYC hosted WiW 2018, an Interclub, day long Conference, organized by the Ottawa River Women’s Interclub Fleet Committee comprised of members from BYC, NSC and CVGR. This day of workshops and presentations encompassed basic to advanced sailing levels.
- List of Workshops & Presenters / Agenda
- SLIDE PRESENTATIONS (More Uploads Pending):
- Transitioning from Crew to Boat Owner by Angela Hussey
- Sail Trim by Shona Weldon & Kirsten Carroll Somoza
- Starting Strategies by Michele Cimon
- Racing with Limited Experience by Glenna Gray
- Filing a Protest by Hugh Morin