The BYC Women’s Program, on the Ottawa River, is the largest in Canada and has developed many excellent sailors and competitors alike. In recent years BYC women have represented the Club at the Bob Yuile Memorial National Capital Regattas c. 1957, Opti North American Championships and the National Women’s Keelboat Championships, to name a few.
We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to learn from some experienced as well as world class sailors who volunteer their boats and time to coach. For that, we are truly grateful.
Regular Events and Activities
BYC runs extensive racing programs for keelboats, dinghies and sailboards throughout the week. Interested racers for the Monday Night Coached Boat Program (Fleet 2) are encouraged to sign up with the Women’s Fleet Rep to be assigned to a boat. If you have your own boat or access to one, you may wish to consider putting a crew together and start racing.
Women's racing on the Ottawa River is an interclub event involving members of the Britannia Yacht Club, Nepean Sailing Club and Club de voile Grande-Rivière.
- Winter well and see you in 2018!
- 2017 Britannia Yacht Club Women’s Program
- 2017 Sailing Instructions
- Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS) 2017-2020
- NOTE: There are no races on the Holiday Mondays of the long weekends in July, August and September
Monday Night Racing Results - Run and scored by the Nepean Sailing Club
- NEW 2018 Women's Keelboat Championships - Toronto / Results / Photos
- 2017 Women's Keelboat Championships - Lunenberg / Results / Photos
- 2016 Women's Keelboat Championships - Ottawa / Results / Photos
- 2017 End of Season Interclub Banquet
- Fun raft-ups at the end of each racing session