APPLY FOR THE COLIN BLANDY OLYMPIC FUND 2020
The Colin Blandy Fund was established in 1977 by members of the Britannia Yacht Club to provide financial assistance to young BYC members who are committed to a competitive sailing program with Olympic aspirations. Learn more about the HISTORY of the Colin Blandy fund.
- Membership in good standing at BYC in the year immediately preceding the award year;
- Twenty-five years of age or younger during the award year;
- Demonstrated interest in competitive sailing;
- Commitment, in writing, to engage in a competitive sailing and/or a challenging training program during the award year;
Applications will be judged on:
- Previous sailing experience;
- Demonstrated excellence in competitive sailing and;
- A sail training development program outline for the award year, which should include plans to attend several major regattas outside of the Ottawa area.
All applications MUST BE accompanied by the development program to which the applicant is prepared to commit their effort.
Successful applicants will be required to provide the Trustees with a written outline of their training and racing activities at the end of the 2020 racing season.