|2020 Britannia Yacht Club|
(as amended on September 16, 2020 at 2230h)
Sunday, September 20, 2020
SPECIAL INSTRUCITONS FOR ALL BYC MEMBERS:
These are exceptional times, so in lieu of the usual reception following the Sailpast, the Commodore will be following the traditional tour of the harbour prior to the Sailpast. Those members not wishing or able to participate in the on the water Sailpast are encouraged to salute the Commodore from their boats or dockside. Those that can participate on the water are encouraged to do so. We all must abide by social distancing guidelines and regulations. Please be respectful of your fellow members.
The Commodore will be starting the harbour tour at 1100h and will exit the harbour by 1130h.
On a boat (out on the water or at slip in harbour) or at dockside, all members are encouraged to salute the Commodore when passing by dipping a flag, raising a glass or just providing a thumbs up as they or you pass (on the water one would also traditionally luff their sails).
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO ALL BYC BOATERS for ON WATER SAILPAST:
- All boats are request to clear the harbour BEFORE 1130h on September 20, 2020
- Boats should rendezvous in the area north of "C" (Quebec side, see chart) around 1145h-1200h
- A SOUND signal at 1200h will be made from the Fleet Captain's assigned boat, A C&C 27 - "THUMPER", SAIL #34229, flying an "L" flag - will start the sailpast proceeding to port of a single gate mark (Yellow Inflatable) in the vicinity of "S" mark.
- Past Commodores will follow "THUMPER", followed by sailboard, then sailboats from the SMALLEST to the LARGEST, followed by powerboats at the end.
- Boats will pass yellow inflatable gate mark keeping it to their starboard and round the commodores assigned boat (Vega).
- The fleet will, salute (as described above) the commodore on their assigned boat (1947 Viking "Vega") that will be anchored in front of the club.
Figure 1: Chart with route identified
Figure 2: Chart without route identified