BYC Webcam Instructions
BYC currently has three DropCam webcams. You can view these cameras in a number of different ways:
- Static imagesThese provide you with still images and are easily viewable on all laptops, desktops, tablet and mobile devices.
- Streaming imagesThese work on devices that support flash, which includes most laptops and desktops, but excludes certain mobile devices such as iPhones and certain Android devices
- Mobile "Apps"These dedicated applications from Dropcam allow you to view streaming video on devices that do not support flash. There are 2 steps to use these:
- Create an account on dropcam.com (free)
- Download the app and connect to the account
- Visit the videos that you are interested in and click 'Follow' (LakeCam) (SurfCam) (TennisCam)
This mobile app provides you with extended capabilities for zooming as well. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require assistance with these mobile apps.