New BYC Community Skating Rink!
The BYC community is known for our outdoor pursuits on the water from the spring through to fall. Winter is a time to engage in the ultimate Canadian pastime, so why not start your winter experience at BYC and go ice-skating on an outdoor rink?
We are pleased to announce that today the skating season officially opens. Whether you are brand new to the sport of skating or you are a seasoned expert, BYC has a charming ice rink that will delight any skater no matter your age or your expertise.
Bring your helmet & lace up your skates to enjoy a favorite Canadian activity, and relax by the warm fireplace in the Dragon Lounge as we serve up hot chocolate, wine, cocktails and snacks from our winter menu (non-alcoholic beverages, too).
From time to time, we will be featuring entertainment throughout the winter months for all to enjoy when you come by to enjoy the BYC Community rink.
Skating admission is FREE thanks to volunteers who are maintaining the rink. If you would like to volunteer to help maintain the rink, please either call or visit the office and talk to the manager; to submit your name and times you are available
Come take a spin on our new backyard rink at BYC!
**Unsupervised Rink - Use at Own Risk**
Skating Rink Hours (As of January 15):
Open (*weather dependent) Wednesday & Friday: 4PM - Close, Saturday: 1PM to 6PM & Sunday: 1PM to 7PM
Note: The rink will have a schedule where it changes from public skating to shinny
*The outdoor skating rink is weather dependent. Please be advised that if the weather is mild and/or wet, we may have to close the rink at any point during the day.
* No food or beverage is permitted on the rink
* Youth 12 years and younger must be supervised by an adult
* Parents and guardians are responsible for the adequate care, protection and supervision of their children
* Helmets strongly recommended for all participants and mandatory for youth 12 years and younger
* Hockey sticks or pucks are not permitted during public skate, but may be used during shinny
* Pets are not permitted on property, except trained service animals
* All participants must clear the rink during ice maintenance
* Skaters assume all risks of participation including injury/liability
* All participants must be wearing skates on the rink, no other footwear permitted